How to apply for a MRC iCASE studentship:
Please view the video on the Prospective Students page and review the notes below for full information on applying.
1) Project Selection: Students applying for the MRC iCASE studentships will need to select from a list available projects. please see the list of projects under the link: iCASE Projects 2024.
2) Eligibility – before starting the application, please ensure you are eligible to apply for admission
- Academic requirements: At least a 2:1 Honours degree from a UK university or equivalent in a related topic.
If your degree is not from the UK, please check International Qualifications to find the equivalent in your country.
- English language requirements: The University requires a high level of proficiency in English. For details, click here http://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-students/competence-english/will-i-have-language-requirement
- Residence Eligibility: UK students will be eligible for a full studentship, covering the costs of Home fees.
International students (EU and non-EU) are eligible for all Research Council-funded postgraduate studentships, and the Cambridge MRC DTP will be able to offer a limited number of studentships to international students, with funding to cover both fees and a stipend to support living costs. Further information on how your fee status is determined can be found here: https://www.postgraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/finance/fees/what-my-fee-status
- References: Two outstanding references, (we advise that you request these well in advance of the application deadline)
4) Funding section: Please tick “Yes”, in the box ‘Do you wish to Apply for Funding”, as this automatically enters your application into the main funding competition, which includes being considered for an MRC DTP studentship. All the MRC DTP iCASE studentships are fully funded, (a collaboration between the MRC DTP, and the Industrial Partner), so there is no need to apply for any additional funding to be considered for this PhD programme.
5) Research Section: Please tick “no” for the Research Section, as you are not required to provide a full research proposal. Instead, you may select up to three different projects as part of your application. Please indicate these in priority order, quoting the project title(s) and code(s) under the Project section, of the Course Specific Questions.
6) Other Information Section: Please use this section to provide any additional information that you would like considered as part of your application.
7) Additional Applications: The iCASE studentships are highly competitive, and so applicants are strongly advised to make additional applications to the departments covering their preferred area of research, in case you are not selected for a UKRI funded studentship.
Please be aware that application attachments may vary by course (for example some will request a CV and/or research proposal); please provide all information requested by the course(s) for which you would like to be considered, and ensure that you follow the instructions regarding funding for your separate departmental application(s).
Application Fee and Fee Waiver Scheme: There is no fee to apply, for details please see here: Application fee | Postgraduate Admissions (cam.ac.uk)
A) Announcement: Applications open 18th October 2023.
The final deadline/closing date for applications is 12:00 pm (noon) GMT, Tuesday 5th December 2023. All supporting documentation including references must be submitted by this date.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held online the week of 22nd January 2024.
Initial offers will be communicated starting in mid February 2024.
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Leung – DTP Postgraduate Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
**PLEASE NOTE -The Cambridge MRC DTP will not be offering standard DTP studentships for 2024. **