Cambridge MRC DTP (PhD) Studentships
Academic requirements: At least a 2:1 Honours degree from a UK university or equivalent in a related topic.
English language requirements: The University requires a high level of proficiency in English. For details, click here http://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-students/competence-english/will-i-have-language-requirement
Eligibility for the studentships is subject to MRC nationality and residence criteria.
To be eligible for a full award, a student must have:
- settled status in the UK, meaning they have no restrictions on how long they can stay.
- been ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK for three years prior to the start of the studentship. This means they must have been normally residing in the UK (apart from temporary or occasional absences).
- not been residing in the UK wholly or mainly for the purpose of full-time education (this does not apply to UK or EU nationals).
EU fees-only studentships
To be eligible for a fees-only award, students from EU countries other than the UK are generally eligible for a fees-only award. To be eligible for a fees-only award, a student must be ordinarily resident in a member state of the EU, in the same way as UK students must be ordinarily resident in the UK.
This covers the cost of the university fees, conference fund and Research Training Supplement Grant, but does not include the monthly stipend.
International (non-UK/EU) students
The Medical Research Council restricts the use of funding to support international candidates and therefore we will not be accepting applications from international students for this call.
Applications must be made on the University’s Applicant Portal. Click here for a link to the Graduate Admissions webpages (http://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/how-do-i-apply).
Please search in the Course Directory for “MRC DTP” PhD studentships, with course code MDSM22 as the programme of study.
You may select one or more of the research themes – please add these to the ‘Research title’ field in order of preference. In the ‘Research summary’ field provide a brief synopsis of why you have chosen this research theme. You do not need to provide a name for the Primary Supervisor at this stage.
You need to upload the following documents with your application:
- Transcripts or degree certificates
- English language score report forms (if English is not your first language)
Note: The two referees you list on the application form will be contacted automatically for their references, so please ensure you provide their correct email addresses.
For general application enquiries, please email email@example.com